Monday, December 31, 2012

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
                                                      -- Laura Ingalls Wilder

Since Christmas I have been re-reading all of the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  I received the box set of them when I was a little girl as a Christmas present from my grandmother.  Those books are long gone, but I recently bought a new set for myself under the guise of getting them for my daughter.  I don't think there are many books out there that I could have enjoyed at the age of 10 and again more than 25 years later.  

I decided that I wanted to start a blog as a bit of a New Year's resolution.  I didn't know then, and I still don't know now what I want this to be exactly.  For now, I just want to share some of the things that I enjoy in my life. Most of them are simple.... some of them sweet.  The sweet things will probably come mostly in the form of dessert recipes.

It's 11:30 now, time to turn on CBS so that I can watch the Moon Pie drop in Mobile, AL at midnight.

Happy New Year!

1 comment: