Friday, March 15, 2013

The Ides of March

I'm currently in a hotel room.  All by myself.  It's so strange.  I can't recall having ever stayed in a hotel alone before.  Having been married for all of my adult life and with 3 children, the opportunity just never presented itself.  Today I drove my son back to school after he'd been home for Spring Break this week.  I'm staying the weekend to spend some time with him and take him to Lexington Comic Con tomorrow.  It should be interesting.  So, he's gone back to his dorm and there is some truly atrocious tv tonight...I decided to do another Simple Woman's Daybook entry.




______________________________

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
The Berea College Campus.  I'm staying in a lovely historical hotel right on campus.

I am thinking...About how nervous I am to try to find my way around Lexington tomorrow.

I am thankful...That we arrived here safely and in good time.

In the kitchen...It's a hotel, I have no kitchen :)  I did, however, have some delicious pollo con chorizo at a local Mexican place tonight.

I am wearing...Blue flannel pajama pants and a gray Grateful Dead t-shirt.

I am creating...Memories with my son this weekend.

I am going...To Comic Con tomorrow.  I'm going to meet Lando Calrissian himself... Billy Dee Williams!

I am wondering...How my other kids are doing without me.

I am reading...Spoilers for The Walking Dead online.  Shhhh...don't tell.

I am hoping...That I am able to sleep tonight.  I have sleep issues anyway and being alone in a hotel for the first time may not help matters any.

I am looking forward to...Spending the whole day with my son.  There aren't too many teenagers that willingly spend time with their mom's... never mind actually invite them to things.  I'm very lucky.

I am learning...Some truly disturbing things are coming up on The Walking Dead.  Wow.

Around the house...I hope things are going smoothly.

I am pondering...That I guess it's cool that I'm still trying new things at the ripe old age of 37.  Even if it does make me nervous as all get out.

A favorite quote for today..."Never tell me the odds."  from The Empire Strikes Back

One of my favorite things...In this hotel room, one of my favorite things is the Keurig coffee maker.  Mmmmm...coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Having fun with my kid and getting home in one piece.  Also taking my youngest to her 4H meeting.

A peek into my day...



3 comments:

  1. ,,,and you are also lucky to be 37!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Sometimes I still feel like a kid, and sometimes I feel very old. But whichever, getting older sure beats the alternative.
    Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete