Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It's been a day

Today I decided to venture forth into the world after more or less hiding in my house for the entirety of Quilt Week.


The bank, the library, Lowe's, Aldi's, JC Penney's, Kroger, and the Red Box were all on my much neglected to do list.  At Lowe's I rescued two dozen plants from the clearance flower rack.  I swear those poor pitiful flowers get to me almost like puppies and kittens at the pound.  All they usually need is a little cleaning up and some water, food and sunshine.

I don't really like JC Penney's, but they sent me a coupon for $10 off of a $10 purchase.  Since I was out that way anyway, I stopped to pick up some coffee.  They are the only place that I've ever found Kona blend coffee in a k cup.  Alas, they didn't have it.  I've since found out that it's been discontinued.  Boo.  I went in fully expecting the coupon to give the cashier trouble, because...well, that's just how my luck with such things goes.  She finally (sort of) sorted it out and my total came to $1.49.  Not bad for an 18 ct box of Van Houtte french vanilla.  I gave her $2 but instead of entering that on her register she put in $1.49.  And then she had to pull out a calculator to figure out what my change should be.  Seriously.  A grown ass woman couldn't figure out that 1.49 from 2.00 is .51.  {sigh}

When I got home my idiot neighbor was parked across the entirety of my drive way for no damn reason that I could see.  I despise having neighbors.  Have I mentioned that?  So, I had myself a hissy fit and they moved their car.  I swear, every day that I interact with people and don't wind up doing something that will land me in jail is a minor miracle.

I got all my new flowers planted and all my plants seem to be coming along nicely, with 2 exceptions.  My sage still hasn't recovered from being eaten down to a nub by a bunny and my cucumber plants are looking kind of sickly.  I'm not sure what's wrong with them, I added some fertilizer to them the other day.  If they don't perk up soon I guess I will just replace them, maybe in a different spot.

Anyway, it is warm and sunny and just generally a lovely day.  So, all in all...today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment