Sunday, April 21, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook April 21

For Today

Outside my window... My garden,  2 raised beds and a few containers.  Everything is coming along nicely except the sage which a bunny nibbled down to a nub before we fenced that bed with lattice.  I'm hoping it recovers.

I am thinking... About taking my daughter outside to practice with her new bb gun.  She has 4H rifle practice tomorrow.

I am thankful... For so much.  I have a wonderful husband, and three fabulous children.

In the kitchen... I have my very first jar of refrigerator asparagus pickles cooling.  I'll know in a week or two if they are a success.  :)

I am wearing... Dark gray yoga pants and a light gray Grateful Dead t shirt.

I am creating... A grocery list and meal plan for next week.

I am going... All over town to run my errands early in the week so that I can avoid that plague of tourists that invade my town for the quilt show at the end of the week.

I am wondering... How my oldest son is doing.  I haven't talked to him in a few days because he's in the final two weeks at college prepping for finals and other end of the year stuff.

I am reading... Southern Living Magazine.

I am hoping... That my daughter gets to have archery class this week.  It's been rained out for the past two weeks.

I am looking forward to... My oldest son coming home from college and my younger son graduating from high school next month.

I am learning... About gardening.  Every day I try to learn something new to help keep my plants alive.

Around the house... I need to run the vacuum.  lol

I am pondering... What to make for dinner tonight.  Possibly burgers on the grill and hash brown casserole.

A favorite quote for today... "
Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love. "  --Gandalf 

One of my favorite things... Our vinyl record collection and vintage turntable.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Accomplish everything early and hide from the quilters later.

A peek into my day...




Shared at The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment