Friday, April 5, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... My forsythia and pink hyacinths are blooming.

I am thinking... About the raised garden beds that we're putting in this weekend.

I am thankful... That we are finally getting some sun and warm weather.

In the kitchen... Freshly baked vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting.

I am wearing... My favorite jeans and an Old Navy t-shirt.

I am creating... Pages in my Smash Book.

I am going... To Bed Bath and Beyond to get a new coffee maker tomorrow.

I am wondering... Whether my new hair color suits me.

I am reading... Mother Earth News

I am hoping... That my daughter's first 4H Shooting Club practice goes well.

I am looking forward to... Summer.  I feel seriously sunlight deprived.

I am learning... to grow plants from seeds.  I have 12 jalapeno plants that I started from seeds and have kept alive.  We'll not talk about the other seeds I started.

Around the house... I've been making room for things that I have inherited from my dad.  

I am pondering... What to make for dinner.

A favorite quote for today... "Am I the only one who's Zen around here?"  --Daryl Dixon (The Walking Dead)

One of my favorite things... The lamp that my daddy left me.  It's pretty much my prized possession.

A few plans for the rest of the week: 4H, gardening, Spring cleaning, etc.

A peek into my day...


I shared this entry athttp://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Flowers, gardening and cupcakes! Can't get much better than that :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to grow plants from seeds this year too. A couple lettuce pants and a grand total of ONE alaskan pea plant has survived so far. LOL. I hope you have better luck than me!

    ReplyDelete