Friday, May 17, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook 5-17-13

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the Mexican primrose has started to bloom.

I am thinking... that another big glass of iced tea is in order.

I am thankful... for the spoiled rotten puppy that is curled up by my feet and the two spoiled rotten cats that are glaring at me for paying attention to him.

In the kitchen... a cherry cake I baked last night and some of the stuff I will use to make breakfast for dinner (Brinner!) tonight.

I am wearing...olive green cargo pants and my gray Grateful Dead t shirt with bare feet.

I am creating... a chain of crochet.  I don't think it's going to actually become anything...but I'm creating it :)

I am going... crazy.  Wanna come?

I am wondering... if it's going to rain or not.  I can't decide if I should water the plants yet.

I am reading...Immortal Never After by Lynsay Sands

I am hoping... that the 4H Shooting Club fundraiser tomorrow goes well.

I am looking forward to... the anniversary trip that my husband and I booked this morning.  Woohoo!  Myrtle Beach!

I am learning... how to crochet.  Slowly.

Around the house... bags of clothes to take to Goodwill.  I've been cleaning out closets.

I am pondering... life, the universe and everything.  The answer is 42.

A favorite quote for today... "What on earth could you be doing....where you couldn't wait 10 minutes for some hot donuts?" - Jase Robertson 

One of my favorite things... Chanel #5 perfume.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Continue (late) Spring Cleaning, prepare for my middle child's graduation and 18th birthday (just two days apart), roasting the turkey that has been in my freezer for longer than I care to admit.

A peek into my day...
My Mexican primrose



This entry was shared at The Simple Woman's Daybook


4 comments:

  1. We are seeing a lot of the Mexican primrose blooming here, too! Enjoy your week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it beautiful? It's one of my favorites and it seems to almost grow wild around here.

    Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they grow up and fly away so fast. but such a special time of life is graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete