Monday, May 13, 2013

Simple Womans Daybook (May 13, 2013)

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... After a threat of frost last night, today is beautiful and sunny.  It's quite warm, too.

I am thinking... About what a great time I had this weekend.  I spent time Sat and Sun at my family farm. On Sat we even went to check out the Cunningham Strawberry Festival.  It didn't amount to much, but it will grow and be awesome someday.  

I am thankful...For land that has been in my family for 5 generations.  I don't live on it yet, but I'm so thankful to have it.

In the kitchen... A super cute coffee cup that I bought at the Strawberry Festival.  According to my research, it was made for the Navy for use in the officers mess hall.  It was made in June of 1964.




I am wearing... Black tank top, denim shorts, bare feet

I am creating... a grocery list.

I am going... To the bank and library and then taking my daughter to 4H.

I am wondering... If the crossbow my husband ordered me for Mother's Day will arrive today.  Yes.  My husband bought me a crossbow for Mother's Day.  I've lost my mind and he just indulges my whims :)

I am reading... Latina Magazine.  No, I am not Latina (at all).  The recipes are great and I like practicing my Spanish by trying to translate the advertisements.  

I am hoping...That the classic car insurance application that I filled out last night is accepted.  Then we can transfer our new (to us) 1969 Camaro into our names and start restoring it.  Pics and a blog about that to come...

I am looking forward to... Real warm weather and swimming.  Usually we are fully into summer by this time of year.

I am learning... more about plants and gardening.

Around the house... My windows and doors are open and my cats are loving the sunshine coming in.

I am pondering... Why my cell phone is being so weird.  I'm kind of getting sick of it.

A favorite quote for today... "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."  --Johnny Castle.  Not for any reason, I just love that line.

One of my favorite things... My lemon tree.  It's growing like crazy and just started putting out buds.  I think it's actually going to flower.  I'm kind of amazed.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Clean out closets, maybe have a yard sale with my mom and sister.

A peek into my day... Well, this was from my day yesterday.  It's just too pretty to not share.


This blog was shared on The May Simple Woman's Daybook.


No comments:

Post a Comment