Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June 5, 2013


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... bright sunshine and a yard full of plants.

I am thinking... about nothing in paticular.  Summer vacation brain has set in in a big way.

I am thankful... for being able to be a stay at home mom and homeschool my daughter.

In the kitchen... the top of a pineapple that I'm trying to get to root in a jar of water.  I think it's working :)

I am wearing... the softest green t shirt and tan shorts.  I'm recovering from a sunburn on my shoulders and trying to avoid peeling, so no scratchy or rough fabrics.

I am creating... a new entry way.  New paint, flooring and curtains.

I am going...  to the library to pick up the copy of Ladies Night that they are holding for me and then taking my daughter to archery practice.

I am wondering... if I should water the garden.

I am reading... nothing at the moment, but I will be starting the aforementioned Ladies Night later this evening.

I am hoping... that the hammock I ordered for my husband for Father's Day will arrive in time.

I am looking forward to... our anniversary trip to Myrtle Beach in Sept.

I am learning... how to crochet.  Still.

Around the house... lazy summer days are in full effect.

I am pondering... planting a container of chives on the front patio.

A favorite quote for today... "Curse your sudden, but inevitable, betrayal."  --Wash

One of my favorite things... A mason jar full of ice cubes and slightly sweet tea.

A few plans for the rest of the week: swimming, the library summer reading program kickoff, cooking a big batch of Cajun red beans and rice.

A peek into my day... buds on my lemon tree :)


6 comments:

  1. That mason jar of iced tea sounds so refreshing and I think I'll be making sun tea tomorrow!! I planted a bunch of herbs in pots on my back patio and the chives grew first and so fast. I'm glad to have them. I enjoyed visiting your daybook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Jhona O. I haven't made sun tea yet this year, but I have a big jar that would be perfect for it. Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed visiting your daybook. Sunburn? My word! I don't think we've even seen the sun in two days. It is cool and dull here, and I've worn a fleece all day today, only pushing up the sleeves when I got warm enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter and then Spring lasted much longer than we are used to, but it seems as though Summer is finally here. I'm in SW Kentucky and normally we're in shorts and flipflops by sometime in March. lol

      Delete
  4. Your daybook announces, "Hello, summer!" The near-sweet tea is my favorite beverage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love Summer :)

    I used to only drink super sweet tea but I've slowly weaned myself down.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete