Saturday, July 27, 2013

At the Family Farm

I spent the first few days of this week with my husband and 2 of my 3 kids at my family farm.  We have some land in the country about a half hour away that has been in my family for 5 generations now.  We don't quite "rough it" as we have a couple of cabins, a well (running water) and electricity, but there is no internet, tv or phone.  I also have no cell phone reception out there.  It is wonderfully quiet.



My brother keeps a few horses on the land and is slowly teaching me and my daughter to ride a little bit.  My oldest son is a natural and took to it like a duck to water.  We rode the trails on the four wheeler, picked a few wild blackberries, played a dozen board games, ate our weight in smores, and just generally relaxed.  My husband cooked all our meals on the fire, and let me tell you... smoke makes everything taste better.

It was a nice break for all of us, and some solid time with my son before he heads back to college in a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment