Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17, 2013

So, long time no post.  My back has taken a lot longer to heal than expected and so I haven't been up to much of anything besides reading, watching tv, and very slowly doing the bare minimum of household chores.      Getting older is such a ... well, I suppose it's better than the alternative.  I hope to have some pictures and maybe some recipes up soon.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... The sun is going down after a *miserably* hot day.  The heat index was about 108 this afternoon.

I am thinking... About cutting off the cable.  It's getting so expensive and there is really very little worth watching any more.  I'm afraid the rest of the family might revolt, though.

I am thankful... That aside from a small issue here and there my household is all pretty healthy and happy.

In the kitchen... I have six pint jars of tomatoes that my husband and I canned this morning.  It was our very first time canning anything and I hope we did everything right.

I am wearing... Black shorts, purple tank top, bare feet

I am creating... A wash cloth.  Or maybe it's a dish towel.  I don't know what it's going to wind up being.  It's kind of a trapezoid shape and what I've wound up with as I've practiced my crocheting.

I am going... To spend a few days at the family hunting cabins next week.  Not to hunt, just to get out of town for a bit.  

I am wondering... How my husband is doing at work.  He's a chef and during this heat wave the kitchen he works in gets (in my opinion) dangerously hot.

I am reading... This month's Real Simple Magazine.

I am hoping... That this heatwave breaks soon.

I am looking forward to... Learning to make and can pickles, if I get any cucumbers out of the garden this year.

I am learning... To can tomatoes.

Around the house... In the course of one week I had my vacuum cleaner break and the lower heating element in my oven go out.  My husband fixed the oven and I got a new vacuum, so things are in pretty good shape.

I am pondering... Making a pineapple rum cake tomorrow.  My birthday was this past weekend and cake didn't sound appealing then...but it sounds awesome now.

A favorite quote for today... 我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都  (Pronounced Wuh duh ma huh tah duh fong kwong duh wai shung)  Translation: Holy Mother of God and all her wacky nephews.  
Just thinking it makes me giggle and the looks I get when I say it out loud are downright hilarious.


One of my favorite things... My laptop computer.  It's just the little $189 Chrome Book but I love it.  It's kept me very entertained during all this forced rest.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Packing up some things to take to the cabin, looking up some campfire recipes, running to the bank and the grocery store.

A peek into my day... (Not my picture, but iced tea is definitely a big part of my day, every day.)




No comments:

Post a Comment