Saturday, August 10, 2013

August 10, 2013

Outside my window... It's getting cloudy.  Again.  I don't mind too much, though.  It seems that having a garden has opened my mind a little when it comes to the weather.  I tend towards grumpiness and the blues when I don't get enough sun, but now I can appreciate not having to water the garden.

I am thinking...  About making an old school friendship bracelet.  I'm not sure my daughter has ever made one and I should fill in this gap in her education.

I am thankful...  For my house and my yard that is big enough for me to experiment with gardening as much as I like.

In the kitchen... I have two 12 packs of Ale8-1.  They are quite difficult to find here, but my mom brought them to me from the Eastern part of the state when she took my son back to college earlier this week.  

I am wearing... Denim shorts and a pink t shirt that says, "I'm not mean, I just don't like you."  lol

I am creating... A grocery list.  {sigh}  How exciting.

I am going... Nowhere today, if I can help it.

I am wondering... Which flea treatment I should get the dog.  K9 Advantix II doesn't seem to be doing the job anymore.

I am reading...  The Heming Way: How to Unleash the Booze - Inhaling, Animal - Slaughtering, War - Glorifying, Hairy - Chested, Retro - Sexual Legend Within.  It's hysterically funny, but not for the easily offended or faint hearted.

I am hoping... For many more weeks of swimming weather.

I am looking forward to... The End of the World and Riddick in the theater and my anniversary trip to Myrtle Beach.

I am learning... Horse back riding.  Slowly.

Around the house... I just planted the top off a pineapple.  A few months ago, when I peeled and sliced a grocery store pineapple I saved the top.  After removing all the fruit down to the root eyes and the lower 3 rows of leaves I set it in a jar of water to root.  And it worked!  :)  I let the roots continue to grow in the water for...well, a long time.  Today I potted it.  I doubt I'll ever get a pineapple off of it, but it makes a lovely tropical houseplant.

A favorite quote for today... "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."  --Ferris Bueller

One of my favorite things... Sugar skulls.  And I just so happen to have two brand new, gorgeous ones in my possession thanks to a dear friend in California.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Walmart, library, post office, bank, blah blah blah...

A peek into my day...


2 comments:

  1. hmmm...I never heard of sugar skulls before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered sugar skulls on a trip to Mexico a few years back. Originally, they were actually made of sugar and were used during Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebrations. Now you can find them made of almost everything, I'm partial to pottery and ceramic ones. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete