Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Daybook 10-9-13

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... I have just begun Halloween decorating.  So far I have 3 pumpkins and 2 skeleton flamingos.

I am thinking... About how quiet my house is.  It's rare that I have the place all to my self.

I am thankful... For being able to spend a week  in Myrtle Beach with my husband.  It was a belated anniversary trip and it was wonderful.  

In the kitchen... a package of Halloween Oreos.  I've resisted the temptation to open them.  So far.

I am wearing... Purple flannel pajama pants with sheep on them, black tank top and my new Stargate necklace.

I am creating... Tonight I'm going to break out my brand new wood burning tool and see what sort of damage I can do.

I am going... To Branson with my daughter, mother and sister in 11 days.

I am wondering...How my son and husband are going to get along without me.  lol

I am reading... The Oct issue of All You.

I am hoping... That fall is on it's way.  I'd really like to turn the air conditioner off soon.

I am looking forward to... The aforementioned Branson trip with my daughter.

I am learning... To relax.  I wanna be Zen, man.

Around the house... I am listening to Bob Denver.  On 8 track.  My mom gave me Daddy's old avocado green portable 8 track player and a half dozen tapes today.  Old school is how I roll :)

I am pondering... That it's been nearly a year since Daddy passed.  I can't quite believe it's been that long.  Sometimes it still feels quite fresh and raw...

A favorite quote for today..."Nerd?  I prefer the term intellectual badass."  I saw it on a coffee mug.

One of my favorite things... Amazon Prime.  We signed up for the free 30 day trial on a whim and wound up keeping it and cancelling our cable tv.  It's that awesome.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Shuttling my son to his new job, playing with the new wood burner, making Welsh Rarebit with homemade beer bread, more Halloween decorating.

A peek into my day...


The avocado green 8 track player with an ELO tape sticking out of it.


This blog was shared on The Simple Woman's Daybook


2 comments:

  1. Hello Jennifer, it's my first time visiting your Daybook but I enjoyed taking a brief peek into your world ;D
    I lost my Dad when I was 16 years old and I'm now old enough to be a Grandmother (although that's not on the plan just yet) and it's still raw at times.
    My mother left us three years ago and I didn't make it back from Australia to say goodbye in time...so I think it's always hard no matter when or how you lose your parents. I love the 8 track player...it's truly a special treasure.

    Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neesie, thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete