Thursday, November 21, 2013

Something New




1. What lesson has failure taught you?
To always, always have a back up plan or two.  I'm not truly comfortable unless I can pull a plan B, C, or F out of my hat at a moments notice.

2. What decision are you glad you made?
I'm glad I decided to go back to school even though I was older and had small children.

3. I've been a little bit surprised to see fully lit and decorated Christmas trees popping up for the past several weeks in friend's Instagram feeds. So tell the truth-is your tree up and decorated, and if so when did that happen? If not, when will you be decking the halls?
Nope.  Christmas decorations don't go up until after Thanksgiving.  The tree will be much closer to Christmas this year since we decided to get a live, potted tree.  I don't think it will do well in the house for more than a week or so.

4. Solitaire-Poker-Rummy-Hearts-Go Fish-Old Maid...which game of cards would you most like to join? 
I really don't care for card games, but if forced to choose... I guess Solitaire.

5. This question comes to you courtesy of a Facebook friend, who once upon a time had a blog...When you're feeling stressed do you snack a lot or are you more the 'can't eat' type? 
If it's ordinary stress I tend toward snacking.  If it's big, life changing event stress I  go for days without eating.

6.  Have you ever reviewed a product or service on line? Was your review favorable or less than favorable? 
Yes, several times.  The most recent was for Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel shower gel.  It was very favorable.  I love that stuff.

7. What was the best conversation you had yesterday? 
Catching up on all the local downtown gossip with my husband when he got home last night.  He's a chef in one of our city's nicest restaurants.  It's amazing what people say in front of the waiters and bartenders and how quickly that information gets spread around.  LOL 

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
Unpopular Opinion:  I don't really care for Thanksgiving.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for my life and everyone in it.  But the day, itself, is just aggravating.  We have a lot of family and it's a pain to try to get around to see everyone.  I don't love all the traditional dishes so the food is no big treat.  Besides, I have Native American ancestry  (some Cherokee and a little Blackfoot), so it's kind of hard not to look at all those little paper pilgrims and whatnot and *not* give them the finger.  


No comments:

Post a Comment