Thursday, December 19, 2013

December 19, 2013

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It's dark and windy.  I think we are going to have storms later tonight.

I am thinking... That I get to visit with a dear friend tomorrow. 

I am thankful... For electricity, wifi, and my laptop.

In the kitchen... There is a batch of red velvet cookies to take to my friend tomorrow.

I am wearing... Gray sweatpants and a purple t shirt with an owl on it.

I am creating... Something special to mail to another friend that might read this...so I'm not telling :)

I am going... Crazy.  Want to come?

I am wondering... If I did enough for Christmas presents this year.  I always say I'm going to simplify and cut back and then second guess myself and buy/do more at the last minute.

I am reading... New issues of Southern Living, Oprah, and Martha Stewart Living.

I am hoping... That a house repair we have to make is relatively minor.

I am looking forward to... Christmas. Sort of.

I am learning... A lot about herbs, vitamins, and supplements. 

Around the house... It's Christmas!  Tree. Stockings. Snowflakes cut from coffee filters. Etc.

I am pondering... Is that thunder I hear or the train yards a mile or so away?

A favorite quote for today...  From Northern Exposure:
You know, it's like Jung says, "The unconscious is revealed through the imagery of our dreams, which express our innermost fears and our desires."

Jung said that?

Yeah, I think it was Jung. Or maybe Vincent Price.


One of my favorite things... Russian Caravan Tea.  I just discovered it recently after it was referenced in one of my Stargate Atlantis books.  It's dark and smoky and just all together wonderful.  I've been thinking about getting some cherry preserves and using them to sweeten it.  I think I read about that somewhere.  For now, though, I'm just using a little sugar.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Visit my friend, Tammy, tomorrow. Start prepping to make the cake for Christmas. It's the 5 layer red velvet and white chocolate cheesecake from the front of the Dec. issue of Southern Living.  It's a bit ambitious, but I think it will be worth it.  I also need to wrap a few more gifts and get to the bank.

A peek into my day...


This entry was shared at The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment