Friday, December 6, 2013

December 6, 2013

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... Snow and ice.  I haven't been out there, but it doesn't look like a whole lot of snow.  The ice is still falling.  I can hear it and I hate it.

I am thinking... Back to the big ice storm of '09.  That was a miserable experience and I think it's left me a bit traumatized.  We were without electricity for 10 days.  We did have heat, thanks to a backup heater in the living room but no hot water and all our cooking was done on a charcoal grill.  The sound of ice falling from the sky makes my stomach hurt now.  

I am thankful... That the power is still on.

In the kitchen...I cooked quite a lot yesterday because of my nerves about the ice heading our way.  So there's leftover gingerbread pancakes from breakfast, leftover black bean and chicken casserole and a pan of chocolate covered shortbread on the counter.  I'll probably cook a lot today, too.

I am wearing... I'm still in my purple Tinkerbell pajama bottoms a pink t shirt that says."I'm not mean, I just don't like you."  It's still early-ish and it's not like I'm going anywhere today.

I am creating... Lists!  So, Many, Christmas. Lists.  lol

I am going... To not leave the house until the weather and roads clear up.  

I am wondering...How long it's going to be before I can leave the house again.

I am reading...Quite a lot lately.  I'm procrastinating on the last Stargate Atlantis: Legacy book because I don't want the story to end.  I also have a stack of magazines that I am working my way through.  On top of the stack is the latest Mother Earth magazine.

I am hoping... That the tree branches and power lines stay where they belong.

I am looking forward to... Seeing my oldest son again for Christmas break.

I am learning... That mothering a preteen girl is a whole new ball game after raising two boys to adulthood.  My goodness.

Around the house... Christmas decorations.  Not as many as I have put up in the past, but enough.  I think it's enough...

I am pondering... Grand children.  I've never been one of those dying to have grand kids women.  If I wind up with some?  Ok.  If I don't?  That's ok, too.  I just want my children to be happy whether that means having kids or not...I'm good with it.  But lately I've started noticing baby things and ideas and since my youngest is nearly 12 now...that leaves me considering possible future grand kids.  If I do wind up with one (or some) they are going to be so spoiled.  

A favorite quote for today... "What goes around comes around.  And sometimes you get what comes around and sometimes you are what comes around."  That's from a Dresden Files novel by Jim Butcher.  They are infinitely quotable.

One of my favorite things... Here lately one of my favorite things is the flavor of gingerbread.  Which is odd, I've never been a big fan of gingerbread.  I guess my tastes are changing as I get older.  

A few plans for the rest of the week: Christmas shopping (on Amazon), for sure.  Everything else is wait and see right now.

A peek into my day...



This daybook was shared at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. Love your pup with the Santa hat! I have two adult males too and teenage daughters. I think about grandkids occasionally too but do not have any yet. I really enjoyed your post. Visiting from SWD.

    ReplyDelete