Saturday, November 15, 2014

November 15, 2014

Wow.  I have seriously neglected this blog.  In my defense, it's partly because I have gone back to school.  Yes, I am a 39 year old college junior.  It sounds a bit ridiculous, especially considering that two of my children are also college students.  My oldest is almost halfway through his senior year and my middle child is nearly halfway through his very first semester.  Between the three of us, we represent 3 different schools.  I think I might be a little bit crazy for taking this on, but then again, I was probably a little crazy all along.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
it is cold and cloudy.  The yard is full of leaves because there is no point messing with them until the trees are bare and the neighbors start mulching/bagging there's too.  There's a decent chance for snow tomorrow, which I'm not especially happy about.  I don't like winter much anyway and this is just too early.

I am thinking...
way too much these days and about the wrong things.  I will be reading one of my textbooks and realize that while my eyes are moving over the page, I'm mentally making a menu or a grocery list...or more likely, obsessing over something that I have no control over.

I am thankful...
for my husband's new job and the benefits that come with it.  

In the kitchen...
there is ground beef thawing for dinner.  I'm not sure what I will make with it yet...maybe goulash?  Or tostadas?

I am wearing...
gray sweatpants, black long sleeve t shirt, fuzzy Doctor Who socks.

I am creating...
My daughter and I are planning a themed Christmas tree this year.  We are going to make felt ornaments representing our favorite tv shows, movies, and video games and cover the tree in them.  Doctor Who, Stargate, Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, Minecraft, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Nightmare Before Christmas, Game of Thrones, etc.  The weeping angel tree topper that I ordered from Think Geek should be here any day now.

I am going...
mostly just to the grocery store, library, and campus these days.  

I am wondering...
if anyone will be disappointed if I take store bought deserts to Thanksgiving at my brother's house.  I usually make homemade but...



I am reading...
Textbooks.  So. Many. Textbooks.  There's just no time for anything else.

I am hoping...
for decent grades.  

I am looking forward to...
Christmas break.  I have nearly a month off between semesters.

I am learning...
a lot of new things.  And if I'm completely honest, I think I'm learning some things that I've learned before and forgotten.

Around the house...
things are actually no worse than usual.  I was afraid the housework would suffer, but when I'm procrastinating on homework, I do housework and when I'm procrastinating on housework I do homework.  I'm always procrastinating on something , so most everything gets done.

I am pondering...
another cup of coffee.   I usually stick to a firm limit of 2 cups a day, but it's just so tempting.  Maybe I'll have a chai instead.

A favorite quote for today...
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."  --Stephen Hawking

One of my favorite things...
The new fleece lined leggings that I bought at Walgreens this week.  They are so warm and soft and are perfect for under jeans or a skirt.  For once, "one size fits most" was not a lie.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Homework, quiz, test, research project, housework...rinse and repeat.

A peek into my day...
This is not actually my day...it's a stock photo representation of my day because finding the cord to my phone is another one of those things that ain't nobody got time for.



This daybook was shared at The Simple Woman's Blog

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for going back to college! Hoping with you that you get good grades. My Mom did that--got her BA at somewhere around age 55! I'm sure you're not that old yet.:)

    ReplyDelete